The Madison County Sheriff’s Department is accepting applications for Victim Assistance. Provides direct services to victims’ of crime for the Madison County Sheriff’s Department and is available to assist other county agencies upon request. Responsible for all aspects of the program designed to provide physical and emotional assistance and support to crimevictims.
Duties of Victim Assistance:
- Follow-Up Contact: Phone clients to determine their needs and provide referrals and case status information.
- Cisis Intervention: Available to be called out on sexual assault, domestic battery and other situations when victims need emotional support, advocacy and information.
- Transportation: Transport clients to station, shelter, and court.
- Court Accompaniment: Accompany clients to court for trials and to protective order hearings as available.
- Documentation: Provide written documentation to victim advocate coordinator of services rendered.
- Requirments: Local volunteer advocacy training required. Continuing education in victim advocacy is encouraged.
Preferred Qualities (Not Required)
- 1. High school diploma or GED.
- 2. Valid Driver’s license and demonstrates safe driving record.
- 3. Ability to effectively communicate with law enforcement, court officials, co-workers, attorneys and the general public during situations of potential conflict.
- 4. Ability to maintain accurate records and prepare factual reports.
- 5. Ability to utilize standard office equipment.
- 1. Completed courses in social work, psychology, criminal justice or similar field.
- 2. Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques.
- 3. Experience working with victims of domestic/sexual assault or experience public service.
- 4. Knowledge of local, state and federal domestic violence service systems, policies and issues.
Applications are available at the Sheriff’s Department, Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m.to 4:00 p.m. or online. Interested applicants should submit a completed application and resume to the Sheriff’s Department at: Attn. Gay Doss, Madison County Sheriff’s Department, 720 Central Ave., Anderson, IN 46017.
Madison County is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadlines accepted until January 30, 2017 by 8:00 a.m.
For more information please click on the link below
Deputy Sheriff information
to apply dowload the employment application
Madison County Sheriff's Department
720 Central Ave
Anderson, IN 46016
Madison County Council of Governments
all rights reserved